Sunday Services UPDATE!
By Island Hope Church | October 31, 2020
October 31, 2020
Hafa Adai IHG Familia,
NO in-person Sunday Service for November 1, 2020. Please join us for our online service through YouTube at 10am.
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/OjjT2cNIIQ4
Blessings to all,
Pastor Cesar and Pastor Ana
Signing Up for Services.
We have two services for our Sunday Celebration to comply with social or physical distancing. All services will not exceed 1 hour.
- First service: 9:30-10:30am.
- Second service: 11:30am-12:30pm.
- We can seat 25 people per service at this time (depending on the makeup of the family groupings, this number could be less).
- RSVP is required no later than Saturday 7pm by calling or sending a text message to Pastor Cesar at 685-2494 or by E-mail at email@example.com.
- A list of attendance names, date and time of service attended, and seating assignment record will be kept confidential and for contact tracing use if needed.
• Be gracious and respectful towards one another. To be extra loving and kind to each other, knowing that people have diverse perspectives on our current situation as to how to navigate it. To be intentional in creating an atmosphere of encouragement and hope.
• Upon entering. A screening will be administered to include a temperature check to all attending our service that includes our staff and volunteers.
• Face Mask is a required. Mask will be available for use to both church staff and celebrants who may forget to bring their own. Individuals are welcome to personally take whatever other precautions they feel most comfortable with.
• Maintain social or physical distancing of six feet. Congregants are to keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet between with other IHG familia, friends and guests when in the church facility, on the building grounds and parking lot. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines social distancing, or “physical distancing” as keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home. The CDC defines “keeping space” as staying at least six (6) feet from other people.
- We all love to shake hands and hug, but for now just wave and say “Hafa Adai” to others from a distance.
- Members of the same family household may be seated together.
- We are having each family household unit to be separated by six feet.
• If you are at risk.
- If you have a compromised immune system, feel sick, are showing signs of respiratory illness,
- Or currently have a fever of at least 100.4 (CDC considers a person to have a fever when he or she has a measured temperature of at least 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit),
- Or have been around or are living with anyone that’s been sick,
- Or if you are elderly, or with other existing illnesses that put you at greater risk,
- Or if you have either traveled from a Coronavirus hit area, or have come into contact with COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks,
- Then the government of Guam, CDC, GPHSS and we your church leaders strongly encourage you to NOT attend service. Please stay home, but consider enjoying our online service from the comfort and safety of your own home. A link to Facebook Live or YouTube will be sent and posted.
- IHG Sunday Service Online for 9:30am and 11:30am Services through Facebook Live Link: https://www.facebook.com/Island_Hope_GUAM-101801884910663/
What Island Hope Guam Foursquare Church is doing:
• Posting of appropriate GPHSS signage.
• We will leave the main double door entrances open to eliminate touching the doors (Both the bottom floor entrance and the main entrance to our church). If the main entrance needs to be closed, we will have a volunteer designated to open and close the doors for you. Most doors will remain open to minimize anyone touching surfaces. We will also open the three (3) side windows in the sanctuary open for additional air flow.
• We are removing rows of chairs in our Sanctuary and limiting the number of available seats to maintain social physical distancing and to adhere to the current occupancy percentage permitted on the latest Government Executive Order and GPHSS Guidance. (We will maintain no more than 30 people in our facility – 25% occupancy)
• We will remove everything nonessential from all the rooms being utilized to limit potential contamination through touch.
• No Kids Church available during this time. Kids are to remain seated with their family units.
• No Altar Prayer Ministry. Prayer concerns can be communicated by calling, sending a text or email to the pastors.
• We will change the way we offer communion and avoid passing communion plates.
• We will not be passing the offering baskets, but instead we will have an offering box available in the foyer where you can drop in your tithes and offerings after service. You can also continue to give online through PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• No after-service fellowship. (No coffee, no donuts, etc.)
• At the end of each service, attendees will be dismissed by rows starting from the back.
Sanctuary, hallways, stairway, elevator, bathrooms, and foyer :
- Clean, disinfect and sanitize before and after each service. Use approved chemicals and disinfectants wipes as directed.
- Clean regularly touched surfaces using disinfectant wipes.
- Clean high touch surfaces include: tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, handrails, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- For electronics such as keyboards, computers, remote controls, microphones, and sound mixer. Clean, disinfect and sanitize before and after each service. Use approved chemicals and disinfectants wipes as directed.
- Wear mask and disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.